Worldwide hotel reviews
Thinking of booking a hotel but want to be absolutely sure?
Here at AsiaRooms.com, we've got thousands of genuine customer reviews to help you make the best choice possible when booking your hotel. We guarantee that our reviews are 100% genuine because we only accept reviews from guests who have booked through AsiaRooms.com.
Latest hotel reviews
I first stayed at Bakungsari when they were called Bakungsari Cottages, two story bamboo buildings, 20+ years back, and whilst that has changed, everything else is the same, nice and friendly staff, some the same as back then , good pool, and best of all, just a stone's throw to Bemo Corner. The breakfast is now a buffet, not the greatest buffet in Bali, but more than adequate.
I'm not a pool person, but it looks like a very nice pool.
It represents great value if you book some time out, about A$32 a double including breakfast, but I tried to extend just a day or two from your proposed date, and the prices were $180+. Who'd pay that for the standard of Bakungsari is beyond my comprehension, perhaps somebody who doesn't know the place.
The first time I visited this hotel I was impressed and pleasantly surprised.
Certainly did not expect this for the money.
Since then, visited 2 more times and booked for another 3 x times.
It is a great value.
I do not think it is totally suitable for long stay with children, but it is fantastic for a short stay, particularly after late arrival or for early departure.
1. 15 minutes walk to (or from) Denpasar airport check in counter. (taxi would take longer - but you need to ask for the pedestrian exit from the airport) What you save on taxi fare will cover at least your first night ;-)
2. Very quiet environment - especially unusual for the location.
3. Around 4km from Kuta centre, but walking distance to shops and markets.
4. Cosy and clean rooms with comfortable beds.
5. Small but sufficient pool, right next to breakfast area.
6. Cable TV with many international channels, not only working but also good reception.
7. Wifi everywhere in the hotel (even rooms) and had no issues with it.
Even for a couple, $5 seems a lot for breakfast when compared with the total price, but it is worth it. Happy with quantity and quality. Choice from around 4 choices, mostly around eggs ;-)
Reaay only one negative I can say.
The service, may be little slow and little cumbersome, but they trying to help and so far always sorted out any issues.
However, if you like a fast service and no issues whatsoever you stand a better chance at a hotel
5x the price. I decided I rather put up with little inconvenience.
Most importantly you have nothing too lose for the cost. I tried and worried, now I am back every time I am near by.
They do deserve this long positive review.
Clean rooms and common areas
Very competitively priced ,excellent value for money